twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

August 5, 2013

Change

I don't understand why everyone hates change so much. Honestly. I guess it's always just been a part of my life....I've become accustomed to it so it doesn't bother me so much. I mean, sure, some changes bother me and I talk about them a lot to see if possibly we could get it to change a different way. But I don't understand the people that so vehemently oppose change that they stay the same their entire lives. That seems....frankly? Quite boring.

Well...I guess there was a time where I was greatly opposed to a change in my life. When we moved from my childhood home to a new home in a new state where the only people I knew were my grandparents. I was not too happy about that and when I would swing on the swing set on the playground (hint as to how old I was anyone?) I would actually say to myself "I'm a Virginia girl. I'll never fit in here." (Finally, I just told you one state I lived in over the course of my travels. What are you going to do? Track me down? Seriously, please don't.) But....I actually grew to love the new place we moved to more than anything and was even more opposed to moving away from it. But that's a story for another post.

I guess what the point of this post is....don't be so opposed to things changing. The old saying "the only thing constant in life is change" applies a lot to my life. There are constant changes going on around you, if you start to notice and appreciate them all you might learn to deal with the bigger changes a little better. The people and the experiences that have come into my life have affected it so much and none of it would happen if things hadn't changed. After all, who wants to stay the same for their entire lives?

(If you're wondering what brought on this tiny post that probably barely makes sense about change, I radically changed my hair today (bangs, yay!) and while sitting in the chair staring at my new face I realized that it was a big change and I wasn't as scared as some other girls are when they do something like that. So...yeah. If this doesn't make any sense it's because I am so tired and jet lagged and it's awful. I promise to start making more sense soon and telling you more things about my crazy life.)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template