twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

November 23, 2013

The Most Luxurious, Pampering Bath You Will Ever Have Ever…I Promise!

As any female will attest, periods might just be the worst thing on Earth. And it's not just the pain, oh no, it's the constant ups and downs of our mood, weird cravings, and bouts of just plain bitchiness. One of the major antidotes to these symptoms is the bath. More specifically, the bubble bath. I just had the most wonderful bath. It may have been my best bath ever…it's definitely up there with the 2 hours I spent christening my grandparents Jacuzzi addition at their estate home last summer (wooow I sound hoity toity). I am going to share with you the incredible secret of this bath and why exactly it is the best bath to have when you are on your period or have just had the worst day ever.
Today I woke up only to discover that my period had started. Fantabulous. My mood was constantly all over the place, apologies to Mother for snapping at her about a billion times today, and by 5:30 I was just in a state of complete blah-ness that not even Zoella's videos on Youtube could cure (that's how severe it was). Two of the best tried-and-proven methods of relieving just about everything horrible that comes along with the regular juicing of your uterus are: exercise and relaxing baths. I experienced both today, which is good because without it I might have just blown up something or someone without them. My trainer worked me hard, but also noticed my bitchy mood (although I tend to always be bitchy when someone is making me sweat on purpose). He knew just how to clear it up, lucky for him otherwise I would have dropped a dumbbell accidentally-on-purpose on his foot. (Btw, the way to clear it up is to tell me that I'm extra-cute when I'm mad, and then keep calling me gorgeous throughout the entire session, in case anyone was wondering. Now I just sound like I'm bragging…moving on) But that didn't help the complete feeling of magenta that hit me later. For those of you who are new, I will define magenta for you. Magenta: When you're feeling down, but not quite completely 'blue', when you're randomly envious but not exactly 'green with envy', and when you're blech-y but not exactly 'yellow'. Boom, magenta. I hate the color, and the feeling, magenta. 
I will now share with you the recipe for this incredible, incredible bath that is only to be used in extreme cases for fear of over-using it in which time it stops being special.
Things You Will Need

  • Bubble bath (Bombshell recommendation: Lush Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic, one of their coveted Christmas items and lemme tell you, this is the best thing ever. It is all shimmery and gold on the outside, but as soon as that dissolves, it's TEAL inside! And inside that, there are actual little balls that are the 'present' of all different colors that swirl around in your bath making it look like a Monet painting. The resulting color of your bath water is teal, and throughout the entire bath it smells like literal heaven, and it's very rare to find something that keeps the bath scented for the entire time without being overpowering. This thing is pure magic. Word of warning, it leaves some golden sparkles in the bottom of your tub after draining so just be prepared to wash those out with a shower head or something.)
  • Your favorite coffee mug and hot chocolate mix (Bombshell recommendation: I used my "Diva to the Max" mug that Ammie gave me for Christmas two years ago, it remains one of my most prized possessions. I also recommend the Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate mix for this particular bath because it is so luxurious and lovely that it is only fitting to have something this fancy-schmancy for this bath. Being lactose intolerant, I made my hot chocolate with soy milk which doesn't affect the taste in the slightest, still delicious.)
  • The biggest wine goblet you own and cool water, NO ICE 
  • Something to snack on (Bombshell recommendation: I decided upon those little single-serving packets of Goldfish for this bath because I didn't want anything sweet and this is the perfect size. You could choose fruit like strawberries or grapes, or even raw vegetables like cleaned raw green beans or sugar snap peas. It's really whatever you're craving at the moment.)
  • A playlist/CD full of your most relaxing songs (Bombshell recommendation: My current 'Relax' playlist is comprised of the following songs: All The Pretty Lights by Andrew Belle, The A Team by Ed Sheeran, World of Chances by Demi Lovato, A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope, Half of My Heart by John Mayer, Paradise by Tyler Ward, Home by Philip Philipps, The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra, The Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh, Lego House and Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran, Summertime Sadness and Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey, So Sick by Ne-Yo, Loved You First and They Don't Know About Us and Last First Kiss by One Direction.)
  • A fresh, new, clean towel
  • Either your a) snuggliest or b) silkiest robe. (Bombshell recommendation: I went with my silkiest robe that is actual silk and feels so wonderful next to my skin after a bath)
  • Candle(s) (Bombshell recommendation: go with whatever scent you've been loving lately, and try to get scents that compliment the soap and bubble bath scents you'll be using. I used a snicker doodle candle who's scent perfectly complimented the Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic and the Miranda Soap I used which by the way leaves your skin soft and supple and only a touch waxy, in a good way.)
  • At least 2 beauty magazines, NO TABLOIDS (Bombshell recommendations: I re-read one of my old Allure magazines, one with Katie Holmes on the cover, and discovered a makeup trend I'm thinking of trying tomorrow when I go out to dinner with friends. I had another Allure and a Seventeen magazine at the ready as well.)
  • Your favorite comfort book (Bombshell recommendations: I chose the book 'You Have 7 Messages' which is just..ahh amazing. I highly recommend it to everyone. Although it's not a challenging read by any means, the story it conveys is just incredible and is indeed my comfort book of choice.)
Once you have gathered all these things in your bathtub, start the bath. Fill up the tub a little bit with lukewarm-ish water and crumble the bath ballistic/pour in the bubble bath and swirl it around. Do not get in yet. Light the candle and turn off as many of the lights as you want. I left one mini blue light illuminating the mirror on and that was it, that and the candle. Turn the water a little hotter and sip your hot chocolate a few times before stripping and getting in. Don't have the water be the hottest it can go right now, it will get too hot too quickly and spoil it. Start playing the music softly if it isn't already and lean back, only sipping your hot chocolate whilst the tub fills around you. Inhale the scent of the bath and really taste the peppermint chocolate on your tongue. Don't read, and really don't look at any electronics. Except for what's playing your music, I suggest you leave all other electronics out of the bathroom.
You can turn the bath water a little hotter now, but don't do anything until you finish your hot chocolate. (Bombshell recommendations: I didn't ever turn the water as hot as it can possibly go. It may feel good for a few seconds, but soon it gets way too hot and spoils everything) Even after the mug was empty, I just sat and half dozed off as the water filled around me. After I turned the tap off, it was steamier in that bathroom than in Lil' Wayne's hotel room. After my tiny power-nap, I picked up the Allure and read that for a while by the flickering candle light (I'm sure my optometrist will be thrilled to hear about that)--first learning about the "sunset eyes" makeup trick used by Louis Vuitton and Gucci in their latest fashion shows. I look forward to trying it. Afterwards I read '7 Reasons Why' for a while and then used my Miranda soap for the first time. I still smell amazing! All-in-all I give this bath a 9.5, only the 2nd bath in my lifetime to achieve a rating that high. Why not a 10? It's a rather personal reason…let's just say that something or someone was missing and that's all I'll say on THAT! I hope that you have as wonderful an experience as I had with this bath, my apologies for the gargantuan post.

Stay beautiful lovelies XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template