twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

April 21, 2015

Recipe: Chocolate Cookies

As I am currently addicted to "The Great British Bake Off"*, I decided late Saturday night to bake some cookies! My ankle's been funky and I have some sort of mouth....thing going on so I figured no better way to get my mind off my sores than baking! I thought I'd share my baking experiences with you so here we go. 

*I know the show is during the summer but I've been watching the past seasons online and I can see exactly why everyone in the UK (and the rest of the world) is obsessed with this show!
I only had 1 egg so I used a vegan egg substitute for the rest of it. I also didn't have enough butter so I poured in some canola oil and soy milk (only soy because that's the only kind we have in the house). Fudging the recipe like this, and having it turn out so yummily, makes me feel like a master baker myself. Even if I'm really not. 
The recipe is as follows: 

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 sticks butter, or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups peanut butter chips 

As always you heat the oven to 350 (that's Fahrenheit) and just add all the things together. I personally didn't add the peanut butter chips and the cookies were just as good. (Although I did break into the peanut butter chips writing this post up....peanut butter is literally legal crack to me it's so yummy)
I highly recommend you always have a vegan egg substitute on hand in your pantry, even if you're not a vegan or have an allergy to eggs yourself, because you never know when you'll have an emergency, best friend 3 am baking sesh and you don't want to be the friend without eggs. There's no tasteable difference between regular eggs and substitute eggs so there's no need to worry about that either. 

And the final product! (They aren't the prettiest-looking cookies in the world but they are damn yummy)


Are you able to fudge recipes? Do you even like to bake? I bake when I can but mostly I don't really have the time or energy. Except, of course, for those 3 am baking sessions with Ammie! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template