twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

September 6, 2015

My Favorite Things About Fall

I am most certainly not alone in my absolute obsession with everything autumn. Unfortunately, here in Manila we do not have an autumn. We have two seasons: rainy and dry. And as much as I love Manila, I miss fall! So in honor of the beginning of this magical season here's my list of my favorite things of the season:

Halloween
My absolute favorite holiday--from trick or treating when I was little to spooky sleepovers and trick or treating with Amrita to Halloween parties....I adore this spooky holiday. I love dressing up and candy and pumpkins and getting scared--and this holiday combines all four! (Also....how adorable is Aggi in her costume?!)

Scenery
Nature is at her absolute prettiest in fall. I remember walking Ellie during this time and stepping on crunchy leaves while colorful leaves flittered down around me....it was absolutely heavenly. The foliage of fall breathes life back into you after the oppressive heat of summer.

Fashion
Along with the chillier weather come the cuter sweaters! And boots and leggings and coats and hats! Summer fashion is built to keep you cool in the heat, and after three months of 90+ degree days you just run out of options! In fall you can bring the jeans back out and mix and match all your coats and hats and scarves and feel akin to the Gossip Girls for a season.

Pumpkin Spice Everything
(Btw this is the first year Starbucks is making its classic Pumpkin Spice latte with actual pumpkin!) Besides what is now the most quintessentially-fall beverage ever consumed by caffeine-lovers, the pumpkin spice takeover of everything from candles to candy is another thing I love about fall! You'd think it'd get tiring having the same smell around but when you only have a two month window to enjoy it, you'll suck in all the pumpkin spice you can stand.

Chilly Chili
Before we moved here, Mom and I shared an unspoken Sunday-night tradition during this season. Yes, Sunday night football. I honestly couldn't care less about the game then (and usually now) but I loved to watch it with her and eat chili, chips 'n dip, nachos etc. The food of fall is more decadent than the ice cream and watermelon barbecues of summer (that I also adore and get tired of)

Back-to-School
Despite the immense stress that school is causing me right now, I do generally look forward to getting back to it after summer's end. I usually crave the presence of a routine rather than school itself but either way. Buying school supplies was a beloved ritual and now I don't have fall or have to buy my supplies! I'm also a lot more stressed woo growing up is a blast.

Movies
Sort of hand-in-hand with Halloween, movies about fall or set in autumn are absolutely gorgeous. They're beautiful and fun and I love them. My favorite fall movie has to be Hocus Pocus, while my favorite horror movie is, of course, Scream. The Four Seasons (old movie with Carol Burnett and Alan Alda--absolute classics) perfectly captures the foliage of autumn although technically this movie is about all four seasons (befitting the title).

Jingle Bells!
Last but not least....autumn signals that, not just Winter, but Christmas is coming! And who doesn't love Christmas? I love this time even over here where there is no fall because it means soon I'll get to visit my family in the States and spend the holidays with them! (#instapic above--check out our amazing tree!)

And that's my list! What are your favorite things about fall?

xx Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template