What You'll Need
1 cup of melted butter
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
3 packages of M&Ms
4 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
8x8 metal baking pan
Mixer--handheld or stand mixer
What To Do
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit (approximately 175 Celsuis). Spray your 8x8 pan with nonstick spray and cover it with parchment paper.
- Combine the melted butter with the brown sugar and mix with either a wooden spoon or the paddle attachment on the mixer until combined.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well. I added the flour in 3 installments as I don't have a stand mixer. A handheld mixer works just as well and is perfect for those of you who, like me, don't have the counter space for the ideal large stand mixers. At this point the batter will be thick, that's normal.
- Add in 2 bags of M&Ms and stir throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the parchment paper-ed 8x8 pan (it's almost like a dough at this point it's so stiff-this is normal)
- Sprinkle the last bag of M&Ms on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Wait for a bit before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
This blondie recipe would work just as well without the M&Ms but they add a nice little chocolatey touch that, as a chocoholic, I love. The end result are these gorgeous blondies that are light and crispy on the outside with a smooth, buttery taste. Definite new fave!
This recipe comes from this wonderful blog post--I highly recommend checking out Gabby's other recipes they all look so scrumptious! Try this recipe out and let me know how it goes!