twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

January 2, 2016

Resolutions 2016

Happy New Year! I can't actually believe it's 2016 already....I graduate this year! I turn 18 this year! Things are happening so fast. In the nature of the season, here are my resolutions to make 2016 the best it can be.

Live in the present more: I find myself spending too much time living in my thoughts of the future or my memories of the past. It's perfectly fine to imagine how the future will be or fondly remember how the past was but not living in the present will cost you potential memories! An example of this: people at concerts who tape the entire thing--watching what is happening right in front of them through a screen. Take a few pictures, maybe a video or two but don't forget to actually experience the event!

Become fully fluent in sign language: one of the languages I want to become fully fluent in is ASL and I'd like to complete that goal by this time next year. Being able to communicate with people who do not speak the same language as I do is a skill I value highly and intend to expand my linguistic skills into ASL as well.

Do more of what scares me: I try not to let fear stop me from doing what I want to do and I hope to pursue more of that in 2016. There are a lot of big changes and big decisions coming up this year and I can't let fear stop me from doing what I feel is right.

Do more of what I want to do, now what others feel I should do: Again, there are some huge decisions coming up this year regarding my future like college and taking a gap year etc. so this resolution is a reminder to do what I feel is right for me. Too often I find myself going along with what my friends or family think is right even if I don't think so and in the past I've sort of lost myself that way so I hope I can stay true to my own feelings in 2016.

Watch the sun rise and set more often: a rather simple one here...seeing the sunrise is a beautiful start to the day and puts me in a wonderful mood for the rest of the day. Watching the sunset is a great way to relax and wind down, a true signal that your day has ended and relaxation can begin. Plus...sunsets and sunrises are magical and plain 'ol gorgeous. 

What are your resolutions for 2016? Let's make this year fantastic together!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template