twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

February 11, 2016

18

It finally happened...the day I've been dreaming about and simultaneously dreading for a long time now. A day I honestly (sometimes) thought I would never see. A day that will live in my infamy forever. I turned 18. (If you followed me on Insta you would've seen this post that probably clued you in, and if you don't follow me on Instagram....you should! That can be your gift to me!)

Turning 18 was, on the surface, a pretty normal day. A cupcake for breakfast (because you have cake for breakfast on your birthday!), school, lots of hugs and greetings from friends, and a nice relaxing Lush-filled bath at home before bed. Throughout the day my emotions didn't fluctuate much, however the night before was pretty emotional. I went through some old baby pictures of me, and then some photos of me in elementary and middle school #memories, until finally I reached the end of my scrapbook. I thought I'd take a similar approach now and post some of my favorite pictures, some shared on the blog before and some new ones!
Mom still loves this dress because the collar matches the socks
#blondesincebirth 

We'll start with itty bitty baby me....arguably the cutest version! Little did I know then that I'd be living in Manila today.

I've been incredibly fortunate to take some amazing trips in my life....like my trip to Paris!
You can read all about my adventures in the City of Light here: part one, part two, part three, four, five, six, and seven!

I've also been to Thailand, Vietnam, Shanghai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Dumaguete....the list goes on and on! And though the trips have been incredible, the biggest and best blessing in my life has been, by far, the people! My family and my friends are the biggest blessings in my life and I couldn't do any of what I do without them.
APAC swimming last year in Shanghai....
....and this year in Hong Kong! (Post coming soon)
I've made lots of nerdy friends in Academic Bowl (aka nerd brigade aka 'dodgebowl')....
I got all dolled up with friends at Luminescence last year....
I've made friends that have sadly moved away.... (here with Tate at Foodfest 2014)
and friends I'm certain I'll be giggling with until the day we die!

Overall this post was not meant to be another Rewind: 2015, but merely a look back at the blessings I have been given in my 18 years.

Okay...time to make a wish! This year, I hope all of us, me, my friends and family, my classmates, my teachers, all of you dear readers, and honestly everyone in the world, finds true happiness. I hope this year is far more peaceful than the last and I hope 2016 is the year people everywhere finally realize that love is a much, much better path than hatred.
Happy 18th to me....here's to 100 more!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template