My Funfetti craze continued with these special pancakes! Perfect for a birthday, a holiday, or even a Saturday you want to make extra special! I made another Funfetti recipe (coming soon!) a few days before these pancakes, meaning I could save 2 tablespoons for these pancakes. If you don't plan on making something else with Funfetti, you don't have to buy an entire Funfetti cake mix just for this recipe--the original recipe doesn't call for the cake mix addition anyway. I found the cake mix made the pancakes extra fluffy and yummy but it's certainly not necessary.
The yield for this recipe is around a dozen pancakes which is good for 2 or 3 people. If you wish to make more, double the recipe and you should end up with enough for 5 or 6 people. I ran out of sprinkles so I could only make one batch, and that wasn't enough for my hungry family of 4!
Funfetti PancakesPrep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: One dozen pancakes
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons Funfetti cake mix
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk mixed with 1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 egg, separated
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sprinkles
- Mix the flour, cake mix, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to a separate, smaller bowl and add the egg white. Whisk together.
- Add the egg yolk and melted butter to the milk mixture. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Heat griddle or pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter in circles on the griddle, size as desired. Flip the pancakes when bubbles begin to appear on the top.
- Serve with powdered sugar, whipped cream, or syrup.