twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

April 9, 2017

Chocolate Chip S'mores Biscuits


I stumbled across this recipe on one of my favorite cooking & baking blogs: Sugar & Charm. I decided the end of my winter break was the perfect time to whip them up! It's a simple, 10 minute recipe that is not too sweet and not crunchy....basically perfect!

At this point, the batter should be really thick and sticky and more like a dough.


I'm not very experienced in baking with actual dough like biscuit or bread dough. The original recipe calls for kneading the dough on a floured surface--this is very messy and sticky and honestly I don't think it's necessary. I recommend just combining everything in a bowl with a rubber spatula or spoon. I then used two spoons to plop the dough on the pan instead of my fingers--less messy!

I also made a change to make some biscuits with the marshmallow fluff and some without--I love them both ways but there's definitely something especially gooey about the marshmallow ones.


 


--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Chip S'mores Biscuits

Original Recipe from Sugar & Charm
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 medium-sized biscuits

Ingredients

3 cups Bisquick mix
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1 bag milk chocolate chips
8 marshmallows (large) OR
1 jar jet puff marshmallow cream, vegetarian substitute

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 450° F 
  2. Mix the Bisquick and milk in a large bowl
  3. Add in the chocolate chips
  4. Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheet
  5. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the biscuits begin turning brown
  6. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes
  7. Cut the biscuit in half (or simply tear them apart, I found cutting was cleaner)
  8. Put a marshmallow in the middle of each biscuit or spread the marshmallow cream--place the biscuits back together
  9. Turn the oven down to 400° F and re-bake the marshmallow'ed biscuits for 1 to 2 minutes

2 comments:

  1. stop! You're making me seriously so hungry
    -Kate
    http://www.katekoutures.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so delicious even the pictures make me crave them!

      xx

      Delete

blogger template