twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest

June 19, 2017

My Favorite (Healthy) Smoothie Bowl Recipe


It's been so crazy lately that I haven't had the proper time to type up this post that's been noodling around in my brain for so long! This summer I'm working 2 jobs while also trying to keep a balanced outside-of-work life. This means I'm out of the house more than I'm in, which means a lot of my food is on the go! This used to mean a lot of stops at the local coffee shop for yummy breakfast pastries but now I've found some amazing ways to score the energy I need without compromising the health I like to maintain!

In the mornings, I'm up early to workout. I usually grab a banana or a plum to eat on the way to give me a quick burst of energy without weighing me down. After my workout, I eat my breakfast at the beach before I head into work. My newest favorite breakfast trend is a smoothie bowl I make that keeps me full for hours! (Recipe below)

I pack a lot of fruit for the day so I usually pack blueberries that I eat with breakfast, a peach or a plum, and an apple. The apple really gets me going during that late afternoon slog where all I want is a nap.

I also tend to crave sweet stuff so I usually pack some dried mango. It really hits the sweet tooth without making me feel guilty.

For lunches lately I've been making my favorite salad and taking some pre-made seaweed salad. Costco has had the best seaweed salad lately and I love the stuff so much I pack some everyday.

That's it! There are really such simple ways to stay healthy, even when we're all so busy! 

Let me know what's in your lunch box!

xx
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast Smoothie Bowl (+Vegan!)

Modified From: 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook
Total Time: 5 mins
Yield: 2 Smoothie Bowls

What You'll Need
1/2 an avocado
2 frozen bananas
1 cup (approx.) almond or soy milk*
1/3-1/2 cup (approx.) peanut butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
*you can use skim milk if you prefer

Blend all ingredients together until mixed completely. Divide into 2 airtight containers and keep in the fridge. The smoothies will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. I like to serve with blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template