SOCIAL MEDIA

November 27, 2015

The Last Thanksgiving

...overseas, anyway.
Beautiful Mom in front of the Marco Polo Hotel Christmas Tree

The lasts continue with the last of our Thanksgiving celebrations on foreign territory. No more buffet Thanksgiving dinner, no more worrying about homework because it's a Thursday night with school the next day, no more sushi for dinner and Skyping with family early Friday morning. 

For the past two years Mom and I have gone to the Marco Polo Hotel in Ortigas for their spectacular Thanksgiving buffet.
Old dress, F21 Heels (similar here)...can you tell that I had swim practice only a few hours before?

Of course, the point of Thanksgiving is to not only spend time with friends and family, but to stuff your face! Believe me, Mom and I took the opportunity and ran with it...I was still full this morning!

Round One:
Mine: california maki, tuna maki, zucchini and pasta salad
Mom: oysters and smoked salmon
After a little cheese plate, we started small with a few more appetizer-esque bites. Then, we tucked in!

Round Two:
Mine: pumpkin pie slice, tempura shrimp, smoked salmon, salad, brownie
Mom: turkey, roast beef, rice salad, smoked fish, potatoes

There were at least four more rounds of plates like this involving a lot more sushi for me and plenty of the quintessential turkey for Mom. I was too busy eating to get proper pictures of any except the second-to-last two courses.
Mine: pasta with garlic and olive oil and parmesan cheese
Mine: chocolate cheesecake, crab roll, smoked salmon

For me, desserts were essential add-ons to the regular meal...why wait?! I also partook in a four-scoop Neopolitan-style ice cream sundae with vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and pistachio ice cream. I know Mom partook in pumpkin pie, obviously, and the blueberry crumble.

If you're ever in Manila for Thanksgiving, check out the Marco Polo Hotel Thanksgiving buffet--you'll leave just as stuffed as if you were dining on your Aunt Sharon's spaghetti pie....or at least, I did.

What did you do for Thanksgiving? Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Share them below!

xx

Post a Comment