SOCIAL MEDIA

November 30, 2016

November Favorites

This laugh-out-loud, blubber-cry Netflix series
Grace and Frankie are two ladies in their golden years whose husbands of 40 years dump them for each other. This leaves Grace and Frankie left picking up the pieces of their shattered marriages and figuring out how to live as singles. This show is not only good for genuine laughs, but for heartfelt sentiment as well. As one of the biggest Golden Girls fans ever, this show really appealed to me and I love the way Netflix is handling issues like gay marriage and aging in a society that emphasizes the need for youth. This show packs a powerful emotional punch that will keep you reaching for the tissues constantly--both tears of joy and heartbreak.
Find Grace and Frankie on Netflix

This gut wrenching book from Donna Tartt (her first in 11 years!)
This book is a lot. It's a lot emotionally, it's several hundred pages long....it's just a lot. The Goldfinch tells the story of Theodore Decker who survives a museum bombing and begins on a long, at times, depressing journey--all while tied to this stolen Goldfinch painting. I'm not even through with this book yet and I already know it's going on my Classics/Favorites shelf. Recommended to me by a friend, and now I'm recommending it to you.
You can find The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt on Barnes & Noble.com

The Batong Boys, aka BTS: one of the most popular K-pop boy bands
K-pop has become more popular in the Western world as of late, but spending my high school years in Asia it was everywhere! I even met a K-pop star once, in an airport on a school trip. I didn't know who they were exactly but it was a thrilling experience nevertheless. I more recently stumbled upon "Save Me" by BTS--and instantly fell in love. This song has been on repeat for weeks and weeks now. I highly suggest checking out the rest of their work (and try to not fall in love with Taehyung and Jimin, the way I did ahem)
You can find BTS on iTunes

When I had the opportunity to try this famed fast food place for the first time when I visited Mom in Nevada, you best believe I jumped at it. As a vegetarian, there isn't an option for me technically, but their not-so-secret menu revealed that ordering a grilled cheese was a popular vegetarian option. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this grilled cheese sandwich....was one of the best of my entire life. Mom, resident carnivore, liked that all the ingredients tasted fresh and more natural than other fast food joints, and her order of animal-style fries were gone in seconds. All in all, In-n-Out deserves all the hype it gets and I'll definitely be returning anytime I'm on the West Coast.
Find the closest In-n-Out to you here

These thigh-high blue velvet boots from ASOS
Hi I'm Kate and I'm a boot-aholic. The minute I spotted these crushed blue velvet beauties they made it onto my Christmas list and I've been drooling over them ever since. They come in this color (that makes Elvis proud) as well as in black (sold out at the moment). They have half sizes available....and they're currently on sale at Asos.com!
You can find these boots here on Asos.com for $58.00 USD

Post a Comment