SOCIAL MEDIA

January 1, 2017

Resolutions 2017

Happy New Year! Time has absolutely flown this past year...I can't believe we're already celebrating 2017. I graduated high school this year! I turned 18, went to Italy with my best friend, and started college this year! I have high hopes for 2016 and am so ready for a really fresh start and as such, here are my resolutions for 2017!

Read more books this year // I love reading! I really do....I just, like a lot of other people, find myself "too busy" to sit down and read a book. This is my resolution to carve out more time to read more this year (and maybe start a book club here on the blog?!).

Become more selfish this year // This one needs a little explanation. I love helping my friends and family and even strangers if they need it. I really enjoy the feeling of helping others, and I don't want that to change. What I do want to change is when I feel pressured into doing something for someone else that makes me uncomfortable. I need to put my mental health and wellbeing first before others--I can't help others if I'm breaking down myself! I need to put my comfort and wellbeing first, without sacrificing my commitments to others, of course.

Smile every morning // No matter if I'm anxious about something in one of my classes, if I'm not feeling well, whatever. My resolution is to wake up and smile every morning. I think starting every day being happy and grateful simply for being alive could change my whole worldview.

Learn more about vintage American pop culture // I'm talking most famous movies, music, and art. I want to know random facts about Andy Warhol's method and appreciate the cinematography of classic movies....also to finally understand all the classic movie references people I aspire to be make. Just generally learn to appreciate classic pop culture.

Spend a little bit of time everyday on my blog! // I want to make 2017 the best year ever for this blog! If I dedicate a bit of time, even a few minutes, everyday to my wonderful lovechild here I think I could make this space even better than it is now!

What are your resolutions for 2017? I hope this New Year brings you peace, happiness, and only good things!

xx


Post a Comment